Massage therapy can aid in the control of pain, chronic or acute, in stress reduction, and in creating a sense of relaxation and well-being. Nothing seems to age us faster than high stress, either intrinsic or extrinsic. Massage therapy can be a great way to help manage stress by providing an oasis away the face-paced, electronic driven, rapid response world around us. The benefits of massage are extensive. Massage therapy treatments have a therapeutic affect and improve health by acting directly on the muscular, circulatory and lymphatic (immune) systems.
Massage treatments aim to:
- Maintain, rehabilitate or augment physical function - Massage therapy has become a staple of many professional athletes' training regimens. But not just athletes. Lifestyle factors, such as long work hours or physically taxing tasks, lead many members of the workforce to seek the assistance of a massage therapist.
- Relieve pain - Some massage therapy techniques are specifically recommended for sore muscle tissues. An overly sore muscle cannot function properly and can be incredibly soothing in the setting of delayed onset muscle soreness after exercise.
- Relax tight and tense muscles - Many people don't realize how much a tight muscle impacts on vital things such as posture. A tense muscle can throw off your body's balance. Our massage therapists can identify the source of the problem and start working to alleviate that muscle tension.
- Improve circulation, recovery time and immune system function - The movements of massage cause blood to flush in and out of muscles and joints. This flushing process - enhancing circulation in the affected areas - can, in some cases, aid recovery time from injuries.
- Reduce overall stress - People who are stressed, all other things being equal, can be less healthy than people who are relaxed. Stress, for example, increases the risk of heart disease. Massage therapy can be effective and enjoyable way to reduce stress.
Getting a massage can do you a world of good and getting massage as part of your regular body maintenance routine can do even more. Taking part in this form of regularly scheduled self-care can play a huge part in how healthy you'll be and how youthful you'll feel with each passing year. Consider massage appointments as a part of your health and wellness plan, and work with your practitioner to establish a routine that best meets your needs.
Private Massage Therapy Rates
NEW CLIENT SPECIAL for Massage.
Choose from Therapeutic, Sports, and Hot Stone Massage techniques.
30 minutes - $40
60 minutes - $65
90 minutes - $95
Regular massage therapy rates. Discounted packages are available, call (860) 673-0223 for details.
- 30 minutes - $45 (up to two focused anatomical areas only)
- 45 minutes - $75 (minimum recommended time for full body massage)
- 60 minutes - $90
- 90 minutes- $120