Farmington Valley Physical Therapy invites patients completing their rehabilitation program to our Transition Fitness Program. The FVPT Transition Program is a post-therapy fitness program that provides a continuum of care for patients transitioning from formal therapy to a confident level of physical performance.
Clients learn the postural and mindful principles of exercise including core work, endurance training, and strength training working with a trainer in private and small group private sessions and can also practice their home exercise program in our fully equipped space with support that will help progress efficiently, effectively and safely.
Our transitional fitness program has an emphasis on whole body fitness and promotes even musculature throughout the body while strengthening the core, creating spinal and pelvic alignment and building balanced mobility throughout the body. Clients become more aware of their movement patterns and where they are in space; efficiently building strength while avoiding re-injury. Some common injuries that post-therapy fitness is effective for include:
- ACL injury
- Back injury / lower back injury
- Knee injury
- Rotator cuff injury
- Shoulder injury
- Sports injury
- Post-surgery recovery
How the FVPT Transitional Fitness Program Works
Clients must have completed physical therapy within 3 months of starting their Transitional Fitness program. Clients meet an FVPT trainer to assess goals and limitations during an Introductory Private Session. Trainers will teach the basics of transitional fitness to make your home exercise program which you received during your discharge from physical therapy. Please bring your home exercise program with you to your introductory Transitional Fitness Program introductory session. Your trainer will add to your home exercise program based on observations during this session.
Following the assessment, clients start their 3-month program, which includes:
- One Small Group Private Session each week designed exclusively for Transition Program clients.
- Unlimited appointments to the clinic to practice your home exercise.
- Special prices for other FVPT services.
FVPT Transition Program Costs
- $85 one time fee for Introductory Private Session
- $85 per month (for 3 months), which includes:*
- One Small Group Session per week with a trainer
- Unlimited appointments to practice your home exercise program in the clinic
* Clients can renew the program once for a maximum of six months. After that we will help you create a plan to continue with your fitness program FVPT.
To sign up for the FVPT Transitional Fitness Program please call us at (860) 673-0223 or email us using the form below.